Part 1 of this series, “The Gratitude List”, was published on the 20th of December. Here is part 2 for you. Taking stock of this year helps generate the energy, creativity and aspiration to plan an amazing 2016. Here is a process that has worked for me. As I always say, what works for me may not work for you. So therefore there is no ‘Right’ process. However I invite you to test this out and improve it to suite your situation if required.
Step 1: List down the 3 biggest achievements during the year.
Step 2: List down the 3 biggest setbacks during the year
Step 3: Do some reflective writing with regard to each of the items list in step 1 & 2 above using the following process. Find a quite place, get a nice notebook and a pen that writes well and take your time doing it. First complete the biggest achievement and set back before going on to the next.
- Describe the situation
- What were you thinking/feeling before, during and after the situation
- What was good and/or bad about your behaviour during each situation
- What sense can you make about your behaviour and potential to change in each situation
- What alternate action could have been taken during each of the situations?
- What steps would you take to make each situation better if it arises during the next year?
You could also follow the above process with your life partner, family and/or team. It will be an amazing bonding exercises too.
I will be back with further guidance in helping you to do a spectacular transition from 2015 in to 2016.
Wish you purposeful living with happiness and excellence.